English Bulldog Nation http://www.english-bulldog-nation.com Chandler AZ Mon, 06 Feb 2017 08:24:04 +0000 en-US hourly 1 https://wordpress.org/?v=4.7.5 Dr. A.J. Chandler (The founder of the city) http://www.english-bulldog-nation.com/2017/02/06/dr-a-j-chandler-the-founder-of-the-city/ Mon, 06 Feb 2017 08:24:04 +0000 http://www.english-bulldog-nation.com/?p=24 In 1891, Dr. Alexander John Chandler, the principal veterinary specialist for the domain of Arizona, purchased 80 sections of land from the national government in the Salt River Valley south of Mesa. Dr. Chandler reviewed the generally new exploration of water system designing and was instrumental in building an early arrangement of trenches in what was then a bone-dry desert.

By the turn of the century, Dr. Chandler possessed 18,000 acre of land farm. The sanction of the Salt Waterway Extend gave that every landowner could acquire enough water to flood just 160 acre of land. Dr. Chandler looked for the assistance of organizers and draftsmen in subdividing his farm and drawing up a town site delineate. He then publicized broadly the offer of Chandler Farm sites.

Dr. Chandler opened the town site office on May 17, 1912. Arizona Eastern Railroad brought 300 people. They spent $50,000 to buy land in the town site.

At that time the town was made of just three wooden cabins. The town site office, the Morrison Grocery and a dining hall.  After one year Chandler was looking forward to make a settled and established town.

On November 22, 1913, inauguration of the Hotel San Marcos took place in the town. Governor George P. Hunt and Vice President Thomas Marshall were present in the ceremony. Every winter due to the wealthy visitors coming from all over the country the hotel business was flourished.

The biggest business in Chandler at the time was agriculture. Farmers of Chandler raised ostriches which were used in manufacturing of popular women’s fashion dresses. The economy of the city was getting better day by day. During World war-I demand of staple cotton was very high. Cotton was in abundant in Chandler lands that time. 8000 acres land was leased by the Goodyear Tire Company from Chandler. This company built the town of Goodyear in Chandler city.

The population of Chandler became 1000 by 1920. Automobiles were being used as source of transportation. Therefore new paved roads were built. The sewage systems and the water system were then improved.

The first charter of town was drafted by Arthur Price. Dr. Chandler served as the first mayor in 1920. The U.S. Army Air Corps constructed a fighter pilot training base east of Chandler in 1941.

Dr. Chandler passed away in 1950. At that time population of Chandler was significantly raised. It was about thirty eight hundred. The status of the town was upgraded to City on May 24, 1954. Today population of Chandler City has reached more than 240,000. The Chandler City is contributing in Countries economy through its good manufacturing and electronics sectors.

]]>
Chandler Industries http://www.english-bulldog-nation.com/2017/02/03/chandler-industries/ Fri, 03 Feb 2017 00:45:21 +0000 http://www.english-bulldog-nation.com/?p=12 Chandler Industries was established by Chandler Olson, who in 1962 began his modest machine shop in Montevideo MN. Mr. Olson worked perseveringly all through the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s to develop the business he had established and was viable in doing so. After a long and fruitful career, he sold the flourishing venture to new proprietors in 1986 to retire.

In 2011 Arch Equity Partners obtained Chandler Industries in the wake of being attracted to the business, its ability and its people. After the underlying procurement by Arch Equity Partners in 2011, Chandler experienced noteworthy development through natural means and additionally various vital acquisitions which have permitted Chandler to extend the ability and capacity it offers to its clients and customers.

The head quarter of Chandler Industries is in Minneapolis MN. The Chandler Industries is capable of manufacturing heavy machineries, assemblies and fabrications. They deal with customers within Medical, Aerospace, Industrial, Defense markets and other markets. The Industry is perfect choice for customers seeking a trustworthy manufacturing partner. It is particularly positioned to offer its clients a really custom fitted arrangement by drawing on the assembling mastery from its 5 working divisions to make a savvy world class production network arrangement.

The central goal of the company is to make a Chandler brand. So that the brand can positions them as the provider of decision for precision machined and created segments and assemblies inside their served markets by giving the most noteworthy incentive through client responsiveness, specialized capability, and imaginative incline producing methods that reliably conveys world class quality and conveyance execution to their customers.

The Chandler Industries can produce parts within a 40” cube work area ranging from micro class to 5-axis parts using their 225 machining centers of different configurations. By attracting and retaining differing ability at all levels and by ensuring leadership involvement and ownership the Chandler Industries are improving the diversity of their workforce. They are making sure that their implementations and practices are fair and non discriminatory. The Arrow division, Stremel Division and Montevideo Division of Chandlers Industries are registered with AS 9100.

The Chandler Industries is providing job opportunities to the people of Chandler city and their contribution is remarkable in increasing employment rate in Chandler city. The Chandler Industries is playing a vital role in the economy of Chandler Arizona and they are fairly contributing in the development of nation economy.

]]>
History of Chandler Police http://www.english-bulldog-nation.com/2017/01/26/history-of-chandler-police/ Thu, 26 Jan 2017 21:28:03 +0000 http://www.english-bulldog-nation.com/?p=28 In 1920, Dr. Chandler was setting up camp for what he imagined as his desert spring (Chandler now). Region Constables were responsible to keep the peace. Chandler’s town was sanctioned alongside the state on February 14, 1912. In November of 1914, Charles M. Beckham was chosen as one of the main Constables for the region. The Constable was an officer of the Area Court, fundamentally the same as the Region Constables of today.

After 10 years in 1924, Charles Beckham was removed over a charge of helping prisons in escaping the Florence Prison.

Dr .A.J. Chandler the first Mayor of Chandler signed a Chandler Town Ordinance Title VII about Police Court and General Penal Provisions. This ordinance ensured that Marshal of the Town of Chandler, to be an  ex-officio Chief of Police appointed by  police court of the Town of Chandler. The police court was monitored by a Police Justice. The first marshal of the town was Charles Malone. At start Marshal was a one-man “Police Force.” Later on a second Person was added in the police force to ensure the security of the town during day time and night time also.

On May 7, 1941, Roy Wolf was employed as Marshal/Boss. In 1948, daily paper articles were alluding to the now four-man group of gatekeepers as the “Police Force.” They got their first garbs, comprising of a light blue shirt, naval force blue jeans, and a dull blue eight-point cap. There were no arm patches for the initial couple of years, and the guardians needed to buy the outfits themselves, alongside their firearm belts and weapons.

In 1951 Robert L. Womack an experienced official with strong enforcement background got appointed as Chief of Police. Under his supervision the efficiency of police was remarkably increased. After Robert Womack resignation the City Council Standing police committee took charge of the police force.

In 1953, Ivan S. Williams a District Commander for the U.S. Border Patrol was appointed as Chief of police. Three years later he resigned due to his health condition and an upcoming surgery. This process continued up to 1970. In 1970 the Fire Departments and police force were amalgamated as one department and named it as “Chandler Department of Public Safety”. After few years the “Chandler Department of Public Safety” was again separated to their default configuration.

Mr. Ronald J. Oberholtzer became chief of police in 1979. He took steps to improve the status of police department. He hired new staff, purchased full size delivery van and purchased all necessary equipment required for any crime scene. Surprisingly on April 30, 1980, Chief Oberholtzer resigned from the post. He went for his own business after resignation. Ronald J. Danielson took charge after Oberholtzer resignation. He serves for 144 years as police chief. During his regime the number of police force increased up to over two hundred from fifty. He installed the 911 service and started a police Explorer Program. He upgraded communication system and remodeled the police departments building several times.  On September 10, 1993 Chief Danielson retired.

Chandler Police Department status changed forever in 1999. It became a metropolitan police agency. They got latest technologies to overcome the crime rate. Now the department is serving people of Chandler Arizona and has major hand in providing a peaceful environment to the residents.

]]>
Chandler Gilbert Community College http://www.english-bulldog-nation.com/2017/01/25/chandler-gilbert-community-college/ Wed, 25 Jan 2017 02:17:21 +0000 http://www.english-bulldog-nation.com/?p=7 Chandler-Gilbert Community College (CGCC) is one of the 10 Maricopa Community Colleges in Arizona. The college is affiliated with HLC (Higher Learning Commission). It was established in 1985. Chandler Gilbert Community College is a far reaching community college in Chandler, Arizona, serving the advanced educational needs of the residents of three areas in the Southeast Valley of the Phoenix metropolitan region – the Pecos campus in Chandler, the Sun Lakes Center in Sun Lakes, and the Williams campus in Plateau. The Pecos campus is situated at 2626 East Pecos Road Chandler, Arizona 85225 480.732.7000.

The college offers degrees and certifications in an assortment of fields, college exchange, workforce improvement programs, and proceeding with education, alongside broadly perceived projects in administration learning, learning groups, and civic or municipal engagement.

CGCC’s administration territory reflects an assorted multicultural environment and is encountering blossoming populace development. The School has fabricated a culture concentrated on student’s achievements, representative collegiality and cooperation, and administration to community. Scholarly flexibility and obligation are perceived as basic to satisfying the College’s main goal of propelling students learning. Late achievements incorporate opening new projects in designing, educator training, supportability and natural proficiency, dietetics and sustenance, law authorization, fire science, electric utility innovation, biotechnology, and nursing, while extending existing projects in aeronautics, business, PCs, humanities, art and sciences.

CGCC as of now serves more than 19,000 students every year. The college has 320 full-time employs. Full time faculty is 125 and number of adjunct faculty is 425. The College has received recently two remarkable awards. In respect of their community services they have got the “President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll” award. And in appreciation of the college’s standard outcome they have got the “Innovation off the year 2016 for transferring and developmental reading through information Literacy”.

]]>